- Using an ATM attached to a bank is recommended.
- In the Philippines, the most common method to exploit an ATM is trapping ATM cards or money dispensed by the machine.
- Minimize the use of independent ATMs that are not attached to banks such as convenient stores or on street corners.
- Be aware of other people loitering around the machine.
- Always cover the keypad when entering your PIN.
- Ensure that no additional devices are installed on the face of an ATM card reader slot, and inspect the areas above the keypad for evidence of a camera.
- Report any suspicions to the emergency hotline number provided on the surface of the machine.
- Refuse to give your card to any bank employee or investigator responding to the scene unless their connection with the bank or police has been verified.
- Check your bank transactions frequently.