Here are a couple places that change foreign currency to pesos in Los Baños. A passport is required to exchange money outside of IRRI. IRRI ID works within IRRI.
- M.B. Aguirre Pawnshop Inc. (map) down by crossing (the area where Lopez avenue and National Highway cross)
- Inside Savemore at LB Centtro Mall (map) on Lopez.
- Banks change dollar bills, other major currencies, and travelers’ checks into pesos. For travelers’ checks, you have to bring your passport and proof of purchase.
- IRRI cashier’s window in FFHill is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm for Foreign Currency Exchange.
- All major malls in Manila and around Manila have money exchange places.